Our Junior Kindergarten program meets Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. It is a gentle introduction to a classroom setting in two mornings. The program is geared towards 4-5 year olds using Memoria Press Junior Kindergarten curriculum as a springboard.
The instruction of our Junior Kindergarten Program provides academic instruction to help foster kindergarten readiness. Each week we work on the following within our course of study:
- – Learn a new letter of the alphabet
- – Work on an introduction to phonics
- – Counting and numbers
- – Letter formation
- – Fine motor and large motor skills
- – Age appropriate teaching methods, including games, imaginative play, outdoor play, art, music and gym
- – The nurturing of important work habits such as attention to detail and listening
Current enrollment for Junior Kindergarten is for HLS families.