In American/Modern Studies students study world geography, and American history and literature. Students are prepared for two AP exams, US history and Modern European History.
Grades K-12 Scope and Sequence
- Grades K-2:Identify continents, oceans, equator, poles, tropics, major countries, and some states on both a map and globe. Read-alouds from K-2 Curriculum Guide.
- Grade 3:States and capitals. Identify eight regions and 50 states on U.S. map. Recite and spell states, abbreviations, and capitals.
- Grade 4: Geography of Middle East, North Africa, Europe
- Grade 5: Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas
- Grade 6: The Story of the Thirteen Coloniesand The Story of the Great Republic (Guerber)
- Grade 7: Exploring and Mappying the World World geography and cultures.
- Grades 9:A Concise History of the American Republic, Vol I by Morison, Commager and Leuchtenburg.
- Grade 10: A Concise History of the American Republic, Vol II. AP US History
- Grade 11:A History of the Modern World Vol I, by Palmer and Colton.
- Grade 12 A History of the Modern World Vol II, Modern European History